Most of us get annoyed when we see old hubcaps littering the roadside, but artist Ptolemy Elrington has spent the last 12 years putting them to good use. Elrington takes discarded hubcaps and repurposes them into beautiful creatures. The interesting thing is that he doesn’t try to disguise the fact these sculptures are made from hubcaps, instead he makes the brand emblems and other parts form features of the animals’ faces and bodies. It’s amazing to think that these gorgeous sculptures, which can fetch up to £10,000 (roughly $15,500) a piece, were once unwanted bits of trash!
Other insane stories
- A field turns from orange to green as harvesters pick marigold flowers in Los Mochis, Mexico, 1967.It’s like they are all filling in a bar graph of their relative productivity. Talk about it!
- Curiosity is getting old! NASA released his 5 year amazing time-lapse footageSome interesting things about Curiosity: It travels at about 5cm a second to preserve power. It takes like 45 minutes to get it across a …
- This bear is learning how to lure his foodYeah, they’re cute now, but wait until one asks for the car keys and the other eats you. Talk about it!
- An extremely rare rainbow-colored pileus iridescent cloud over Ethiopia.I hope for those poor kids sake that skittles start raining down. Talk about it!
- Ocean waves and galaxies in a cupVictoria Siemer, a Brooklyn, New York-based graphic designer behind the heartbreaking ‘Human Error’ series, gives your morning cup of coffee an additional dose of surrealism …