Fantasy is defined as “the faculty or activity of imagining things, especially things that are impossible or improbable”, and (while controversial) the psychedelic experience expands our consciousness to perceive this impossible/improbable world. While the psychedelic experience is not for everyone, the medium of film can evoke this same feeling.
In the video above, you can find a list of some of our favorite fantasy films that expand consciousness, and visually enlighten.
- “Fantastic Planet” by René Laloux
- “The Dark Crystal” by Jim Henson
- “Labyrinth” by Jim Henson
- “Gandahar” by René Laloux
- “Return to Oz” by Disney
- “The Holy Mountain” by Alejandro Jodorowsky
- “The NeverEnding Story” by Wolfgang Petersen